Sunday, May 1, 2016

These Boots Were Made For Walkin'

For Brittney G., one of my very favorite walking buddies of all time. I cherish our time walking the 'hood together.
With no car, I spend a lot of time walking. It's not unusual for me to walk 15,000 to 20,000 steps per day (those are only the steps I take with my phone on my persons. It has a pedometer). A quick google search tells me that 2,000 steps is roughly one mile, which means some days I walk 10 miles!
I miss having my own car, but I think I will miss all the walking a lot more. I find it relaxing and it makes me slow down my thoughts for a bit.
Plus it helps burn off all the baguettes! Here are some pictures of todays run, which after lots of miles turned in to todays walk :) That duck is the only living soul that I passed. None of my running buddies are suprised by this news.

6 comments:

  1. Great pics. Pretty country. What liked about Wann. Slow and easy, good people and this gusto see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. France is very very pretty. I will miss it. I wont miss the metro

      Delete
    2. France is very very pretty. I will miss it. I wont miss the metro

      Delete
  2. Parts of the city are very pretty. The water looks super gross, tho!

    ReplyDelete