Friday, May 20, 2016

Homeward Bound

That is also a song. For Melissa, who spent her childhood in Europe. Just like how we call you "the Germans," you feel free to call us "the French" now!
We have a sweet ride, but no DVD player! Beckett is happy to be going home to his friends. Myer wants to go back to France or Inola, whichever has more paper to draw his inventions on, he says and Abe wants to stay in Chicago. That makes sense; he is a Schmidt and they're Chicagoans!
Lots of people (by "lots" I mean "Ashton") have asked if I would keep this blog going when I get home. I read a great book while I was in France by a friend of my friend Lisa called "Redneck in Kenya" (it's on Kindle. Give it a read! You wont regret it!) He wrote about his time serving orphans in Kenya from his perspective as a Texan and he had a chapter about when he returned to Texas. I expect I'll do the same. Maybe the blog will make a return whenever I find another adventure to go on! Although I feel like raising three boys in Inola is the biggest adventure I have had yet!
Thanks to all 4 of my faithful readers who have followed along with us! It has been fun sharing it and hearing from you! See you very, very soon!

2 comments: