Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Aristocat


For Dierdre, who like me loves dogs and rescuing dogs. I've never been a cat person, but maybe now I will be (but only a bald cat inside, cause, cat hair.). I also have seen two protests against animals in the circus here and thought of you and Jess.
Every night when we go to bed, I sing the first verse of a Jason Derulo song to Curtis (ok, some days I sing all of it and then some more. I love music). "It's too hard to sleep/I got the sheets on the floor/ nothing on me/and I can't take it no more/it's 100 degrees." It gets hot in our room, since it is upstairs and the sun shines in the glass door all day and the room is super tiny and there is no air conditioning.
It's not bad if we open the sliding glass door, but this little rascal, who we have named Toulouse, after the cat on the Artistocats and the city we are in, will come in and pounce on you! The first time he came in I was upstairs and had my contacts out and it looked like a giant rat had come in! I screamed!
We let him in sometimes and pet him and play with him, but I draw the line at sharing my bed with strangers, so I shut the door when we go to bed.  He loves being in our house so if he hears the door open he makes a bee line.
Abe LOVES Toulousey and torments the poor cat by trying to hug him and squeeze him. If there is anything I know about cats, it's that they don't like being hugged by toddlers. Abe got scratched once and it hurt his feelings so much, yet hasn't deterred Abe's snuggling. Myer also loves Toulouse and I taught him how to play with a string with him and he will play with the cat for hours. Toulouse hangs out on the balcony with me when I hang up the laundry. He is really a nice cat and is obviously well cared for by someone, or I'm pretty sure he would be coming to Inola with us.
Can you shave a cat? I'm asking for a friend.

4 comments:

  1. I had a friend who shaved her cats. I thought it was the weirdest thing. Lol Looks to me like the boys definitely need a cat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn't seem right! But after seeing all the hair a cat left behind here I can see why! I think when we get to the new house we will have to find us a kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats are really weird people. Told you about the car we have away but liked me better. Can't blame her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunt laura really liked this cat here, too. We think we need a cat now. The kids loved having a cat here.

      Delete