Monday, May 16, 2016

Sweet Home Chicago!

There truly is a song for everything!
We landed in Chicago at 6pm Tulsa time, 1am Toulouse time. We got to the hotel downtown where Curtis is working arond 9pm, got everyone asleep around 11 and the kids and I slept til 10am! Woo hoo! Unfortunately 10am Toulouse time, aka 3am here. So yes the kids had 7 hours added to their day yesterday but onlt slept 4 hours. They're tired though, because Beckett asked me how we got to the hotel yesterday. I told him we took a taxi. He had no recollection! I've slept a total of 8 hours total over the course of 3 days and can't remember much myself! Curtis slept in until he had to head to his meetings. He will work late tonight, so good that he got some sleep.
Shockingly, the kids and I aren't doing half bad, considering we missed a night's sleep. We went out to get some necessities and walked a few miles and have enjoyed the hotel pool. I thought we wouldn't get much done today because we might be sleeping, but no dice. Their downtown zoo is free! so we may head that way soon.
The kids and I will be flying solo this trip to Chicago as Curtis is busy with whatever it is he does. He has been to Chicago a lot, since his dad and his family are from here! I've only been once before but I love it and hope I can haul these kids around to make the most of our time here.
I miss Curtis' long monkey arms for pictures!

2 comments:

  1. It is a decent song. Sounded good while watching The Blues Brothers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ready to stay here permanantly. Lucky for grammy it isnt very affordable, or I do would!

      Delete