Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I Require Script Approval

For a couple of my email suscribers whom I love and appreciate,  however your email address isnt recognizable to me, so I am not sure who you are. Thanks for reading!
Last night Curtis and I tucked the other 5 into the apartment for the night and we went out just the two of us. We tried canoodling on a park bench like the French folks do, but this Southern gal gets cold, so we found a little cafe that I think only sold coffee and booze. Curtis and I both think I'd probably be a real mean drunk and my chriopractor asked me to promise him I'd never use any form of stimulant (he thinks I'm too high strung as it is) so we opted for hot cocoas.
Some folks in clown makeup walked to to me about 5 minutes after we got there saying something and I told them "Je ne parle pas Francias (I don't speak French)". The woman said "We create tonight, ok, here, now." I just nodded along because I had no idea what she was talking about. Curtis told me he thought I just signed up to be in a play and was surprised I wasn't excited about it. I said I normally would be thrilled, but I don't know my lines!
It was very, very bizarre!  They were inches from me and put on some kind of show. The man offered to try English for me and I told him "Nah, ya'll just stick to French!"
We had to sit there for a while or it would be super rude and awkard to leave.
When we left we asked the coffee guy/bartender/waiter who spoke English "So what is going on here?" And he said "What is going on? What do you mean?" As if nothing unsual was going on. Finally he realized and said they were comedians who come once a week and read things people write down and leave in a box for them.
The first thing I asked Curtis when the show started was "I don't have to pay these people, do I?" He said I didn't.
Curtis was complete unamused by the show. Memaw asked me if the comedians were funny. I told her I didn't know, it was in French!
Oh France, I'm gonna miss you!

3 comments:

  1. Cocoa IS a stimulant and booze is a represent!! Should have drunk some booze!! C looks very excited!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curt was not excited. He never is. Unless he sees lists of the elements in order. I dont think alcohol would be a wise choice for me.

      Delete
    2. Dont worry i only had a few sips of the cocoa. Cause, calories.

      Delete